The theme today is have a post to my dream reader.. It did bring in a lot of thoughts as to who my dream reader is, a person, a group, a mythological figure, a world leader, or is it me? After a lot of soul searching, I have decided to address this post to myself, to point out the thoughts that I started off with this blog.
As I get into my sixth year of Blogging (I know I have concentrated on my other sites / activities rather than this particular blog), I cannot but help think, as to what I started off with for blogging. My point at the time was to define events of life, as I saw them from my vision, be they Black or Grey. Not that I mean to state that other readers are not important to me, but this is to remind me of what I am, and what I should remain.
But at the same time, as I see event and comment upon them, would like to point out to myself to:
– Family is who you were born with. Friends are who you make because of you.
– Ensure that what I write, I think about it twice as words once uttered (be they written or spoken) remain for life.
– Be objective in life. Not to comment on any point in a fit of anger or a grudge.
– Do not use the pen in one’s hand to spread any kind of negativity or poke fun at someone’s inability in life.
– No matter how smart or intelligent I may think I am, there is always some one smarter and intelligent than me.
– Respect others the same way that you would expect others to respect you.
As I aim to improve myself in the art of writing, I must at the same time, not forget to improve myself as a person. A great blog or great thoughts written are of no use, unless they come from the heart.
I do plan to have this post as a reminder to myself every now and then. Of the many wise sayings that I have heard during my journey, two that have always remained with me are:
“You may change your clothes to show yourself in a new image, but you can never change your skin”
“Life is short. We don’t have enough time to keep up with friends, why waste time on making enemies!”